Friday, February 5, 2016

Plateaus are a B*tch!

So, I wasn't as diligent with my eating this week. I admit it. I didn't make sure I ate BEFORE 8pm each day. I did good on my calories but was pushing 2000 a day instead of staying at 1500. I had more carbs than I should but most of those were complex so not as bad as they could have been. Still, I'd expected to lose A POUND... but no, not an ounce.

I could rant and rave and gnash my teeth and complain about the unfairness of life... that'd be fun, but not very productive. Instead, I can happily report that though I didn't drop any weight, my body composition shifted another 1% body fat (less), and my waistline reduced another 1/4-1/2". This is a familiar pattern from back in my 30s when I kept so much trimmer... I would have 2-3 weeks of weight loss, then it would pause as everything "shifts about", and then I'd drop weight again. So this isn't like I don't recognize the pattern... but I still want it all now, without the hard work, patience, and persistence it takes to change habits and health.

Okay, enough kvetching. I still have a few thousand steps to do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment