Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Rebooting spiritual and well as physical fitness



So, I came across the works of Christopher Penczak last week while exploring a local book store and was intrigued. I've seldom seen writings, especially on metaphysical topics, which align with how I might approach a topic. Mr. Penczak's Temple series of books approaches the study of magic (from what I have skimmed prior to buying the books) much as I would, and his aligning each book with an element/quarter just makes my elementalist soul very happy.

Do I REALLY need another set of books on metaphysical studies? Well, no. I am an initiated wiccan priest and have been studying/working magic since my late teens. But it would be the height of hubris for me to believe I have nothing left to learn. I expect a lot of this reading/study/practice will be review and revisiting of knowledge I gained a couple decades ago... but I hope from a new and insightful perspective which will give me the opportunity to fill out my knowledge/skills.

From what I can tell, these are each 1 year courses... so to get through all this properly it may take 4 years. We'll see. If a large section of the material is review, it may go faster.

Some day I may actually manage a full lotus! It is a worthy goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment