Friday, January 8, 2016

A Hopeful Beginning!

Week 1 - 257lbs, 41% fat, 48.5" waist
I was a good, health conscious person this week. I didn't starve myself. I minimized my sugars and simple starches (but didn't eliminate them). I avoided drinking caloric fluids... most of my drinks were sparkling water infused with flavor and a touch of fruit juice. All my meals had significant fiber, protein and complex carbs. I had at least one fruit a day. I made it to the gym twice, and did yoga at home 5 times.

I am trying to arrange my day so I walk at least 5k steps outside of the gym, and then get another 3k on the track in the gym 3 days a week. My goal is to get to 7k of steps daily outside of the gym with 3-5k steps in the gym 3 days a week, and yoga daily by February.

I dropped 4 lbs, 2% BF (that's questionable), and 1/2" off the waist. My goal is to lose 3 lbs and 1/2" a week, which should result in a reduction of 6% body and 2" off the waist per month... so that by August I can hope to be under 20% body fat and under 36" waist :)

On to Week 2!

2 comments: